Saturday 15 March 2014

30 Day Random Challenge Day 5: Spend 30 Minutes doing Yoga

Yesterday, my challenge was to spend 30 minutes doing yoga. As I haven't done yoga for a long time and don't exercise as much as I should, I thought this would be a good challenge. I was right as yesterday was a pretty bad day for me and I didn't feel like exercising. At first, I thought about doing this in three 10 minute sessions but I ended up doing the 30 minutes in one go.

It was interesting seeing how even something as simple as sitting cross legged was hard. I guess that was because I haven't done it for a long time. Overall, doing yoga was invigorating and I will try to do yoga at least once a week from now on. During the 30 minutes the hardest pose for me was warrior III, which is where you stand on one foot with the other leg being at a ninety degree angle behind and the rest of your body being in line with the non supporting leg. It was hard keeping myself still in that pose. Here's hoping I can hold the Warrior III pose for at least 10 seconds in time. Another pose which I found hard was the Shoulderstand. I have never been able to even achieve that pose but if I practice, I should be able to improve.

The easiest pose for that session was doing a straddle pose called the Seated wide legged pose. It was easy to do but still a stretch. At the end of the session, I decided to do the splits to finish the session.

Above: Warrior III pose. (Source: Yoga Life Journey)

No comments:

Post a Comment