Wednesday 26 August 2015

Shiny Pokemon Week Day 3

Today, I played Pokémon Omega Ruby for three hours and even though I have hatched around 350 eggs, I have not obtained a shiny yet. Starting this challenge, I knew that it was going to be hard but if it was easy to obtain a shiny, they would have less value than what they already have. The Masuda method has an approximate chance of 1/683 of hatching a shiny, so I should keep on going even if it is the end of this week before I obtain one shiny.

It's strange that in the Pokémon world, a rare Pokémon (e.g. a shiny) would be valuable but in the real world a rare human can be seen as repulsive. Also, if a shiny Pokémon has perfect IV values, which is also rare (for an explanation, go to Bulbapedia). On the other hand, a human has more than one rare quality, he or she can become even more undesirable. This way of thinking with humans is not fair and in my opinion, it needs to stop (I know this because I have a disability and I am a Lolita (It is a choice but do I deserve to be discriminated against because of who I am or what I enjoy?).

No comments:

Post a Comment