Sunday 14 September 2014

First Shiny Pokemon

Yesterday, I got my first shiny in Pokémon X, after a few days and 424 eggs, I hatched a shiny Skitty via the Masuda method. At first, I thought that it would be something that could be done in 2-3 hours, but I was wrong even while carrying a Pokémon with Flame Body. Around two thirds to three quarters through the constant egg hatching, I just wanted to give up but the shiny at the end was worth it.


Above: Akane, my shiny Skitty. This is the best I could do since Miiverse does not allow Pokémon XY screenshots :(.
 
 I named my shiny Skitty あかね (Akane), which means "red child" in Japanese (I set my Pokémon X game to Japanese, which is why she has a Japanese name). She is female, has an Impish nature and Normalize as her ability. I would have preferred Cute Charm but a shiny is too rare to worry about it's ability.

Furthermore, thanks to her English Quilava father (her mother came from my game, which makes her Japanese), she has a perfect attack IV according to the stat checker in Kiloude city. I now have plans for her and it will relate to my Lolita life in some remote way. Feel free to guess what it is.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment